The water filters in your Electrolux refrigerators will need replacements. While it might seem like an easy task, you can face quite a few challenges in replacing your refrigerator’s water filter. These set of challenges are usually uncalled for,and if you’re not familiar with the process, you might end up damaging the entire unit altogether.
You need to be fully informed regarding different steps involved along with any possible issues you might have to face in the process. Otherwise, you will most certainly require a professional to do this simple yet tricky task. Take into account the following troubleshooting problems that are quite commonly reported with Electrolux refrigerators:
For starters, let’s discuss a few common mistakes that are likely to take place during the installation of the new water filter. In order to replace the water filter smoothly, keep in mind the following:
- Make sure that the protective caps of the new filterare not removed until the time of installation. Similarly, remember to remove the cap while installing.
- The filter should be flushed. It is quite common for people to forget this step. This is an important step that needs to be carried out.
- In the case of base-grill filters, make sure not to throw the knob away. You can utilize the reusable knob later on.
Now, that the common mistakes have been taken care of, let’s move on to the troubleshooting:
The Refrigerator does not Dispense Water with New Filter
In this particular case, the most common cause usually relates to the filter not being snapped in fully. However, if you sense that it is fully snapped in while the issue persists, then it might have something to do with the water valve. In order to confirm this, you will have re-install the previous filter. If you find that the water is flowing smoothly with the old filter then it is a definite installation issue and nothing to do with the water valve. However, if the problem remains the same,then you will have to consult a professional to fix the issue with the water valve.
Leakage or Small Drip
In this situation, you simply have to lock the filter into its position by refitting the filter.
Irregular Water Flow
In such a case, air is most likely still in the lines. You are simply required to push the dispenser lever down for approximately two to three minutes till the water flow is back to normal.
Difficulty in Installing and Removing Filter
This issue is not all that tricky. Sometimes, all that you really require is some additional force. In the case of removing the filter, you are required to pull the filter further down and take it out. If you still face difficulty, you can try rocking it sideways while you’re at it. Keep in mind that the top shelf should be removed prior to this process as the sudden release of the filter can lead to damage. When it comes to installation, add pressure and force. Make sure to keep turning the filter in order to fully lock it into position.
Differently Tasting Water
The water filters are not supposed to add anything to the general taste of the water your drink. Their primary job is to remove any contaminants or chemicals from your drinking water. Given the statistics, you’re likely to experience an increasing change in the taste of your drinking water with older fridge filters. The new models and improved technologies ensure effective filtration.
Clogged Water Filter
The general time before you are required to change the water filter is six months. However, depending upon factors such as the water quality and the general usage of the refrigerator, the filter can sometimes require replacement sooner. If you find that the water flow is slowing down, then this might be an issue of clogging. You should most definitely get the water tested as well along with the replacement of your water filter just in case.
After dispensing approximately two hundred gallons of water, the filter should be replaced. If you observe a decrease in the water flow to the dispenser or the ice maker, then consider replacing the filter more frequently.
Removing the Filter
- You need to use a cloth underneath the filter prior to removing the old one out. This will help avoid creation of any watery mess once the filteris removed.
- You are supposed to hold the filter and start turning it towards the left until it completely stops. Make sure to pull in a downward fashion from its head while you’re at it. In order to avoid any spillage of water, keep your filter leveled.
- Start off by removing and discarding the cap of your new filter. Make sure to fill the top up with water. The filter should be placed inside the holder completely In order to engage the top of the filter with the holder, push it gently in an upward manner.
- The next step requires you to turn the filter towards the right in a slow motion until the cartridge completely stops moving. This will ensure the right positioning of the filter.
- The last step essentially involved you in making sure that the trapped air is purged out of the entire system. This is to be done after successfully replacing the water filter. On the dispenser selection, choose the “water” option and press it until you can see the water flowing. Due to the presence of air in the new replaced filter, you might experience water sputtering initially. This is absolutely You are supposed to continue the dispensing process until around one to two gallons of water is used. This will help ensure that there is no air left in the system.
You will find easy to understand instruction steps on the filter and on the packaging as well. At times, an insert can be found in the packaging with illustrations to help you understand the entire installation process. Moreover, you can find additional information online as well in the case of any discrepancy.
Filter Bypass Plug
If you don’t have a replacement filter available right away, you can make use of the filter bypass plug. The bypass plus essentially helps you out when the filteris not rightly positioned or performing optimally. However, if the filter bypass plug is not completely engaged either,then you are likely to experience issues with the dispenser. Moreover, the icemaker will fail to operate smoothly.
The aforementioned tips should help you manage the replacement of your Electrolux refrigerator’s water filter on your own. You have been completely informed about any possible issues that might come your way during the process along with possible causes and solutions to these issues. Make sure to follow through with the instructions to the dot. Do not take any step lightly or miss out on some cautionary measure. This can end up costing you a lot. Keep in mind the quality of water you use. If you experience decreasing quality of water, you should contact the authorities right away. Otherwise, you will find yourself replacing the water filter more often than not. Don’t hesitate to call in experts if you are unable to fix the filter issue even after the replacement.